No real surprises on NME's annual year-end lists, apart from how closely thier singles list mirrors mine. (That's right, folks, I LOVE* The View.) Arctic Monkeys in the top slot was a given, but with thier penchant for putting gothemo bands on the cover, their lists are actually better than I was expecting. Wish I could say the same for Q.
NME's Top Ten Albums of 2006
- Arctic Monkeys — Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs — Show Your Bones
- Muse — Black Holes and Revelations
- Hot Chip — The Warning
- CSS — Cansei De Ser Sexy
- Gnarls Barkley — St. Elsewhere
- The Long Blondes — Someone To Drive You Home
- The Strokes — First Impressions of Earth
- Kasabian — Empire
- My Chemical Romance — Welcome To The Black Parade
NME's Top Ten Tracks of 2006
- Hot Chip — "Over and Over"
- Peter Bjorn and John ft. Victoria Bergsmen — "Young Folks"
- The Gossip — "Standing In The Way Of Control"
- Muse — "Supermassive Black Hole"
- Gnarls Barkley — "Crazy"
- CSS — "Let's Make Love and Listen To Death From Above"
- Amy Whinehouse — "Rehab"
- The Horrors — "Sheena Is A Parasite"
- The View — "Wasted Little DJ's"
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs — "Cheated Hearts"